I’ve been in a silly mindset recently. Wishing that life wasn’t so tough. Wishing it would be easier. Wishing that things in the past in loved ones lives hadn’t happened. I’d get desperately sad and then wonder where my once positive glow had disappeared to.
I’ve been stuck in a negative mindset for far too long. It’s time to change that. I need to start appreciating my life for what it is.
How is this done?
I shall get my Hakuna Matata on.
Ladies and gents, to get out of negative mindsets, you must make the effort to change your mind and routine to find the fun and to communicate with those around you. This is what I’m learning.
So, from what I’ve learnt recently, here’s my advice on how to kick yourself up the bum and to get ‘you’ back:
- See yourself through a loved ones eyes
– Ask a loved one to tell you what they see in you when they look at you. Then, try to imagine the positive impact you’ve had on them. You’ll start to understand why you’re loved and the good you do each day to those around you.
- Be honest with yourself about how you’re feeling and why
– It’ll be hard, but write down why you think you’re sad. Really spell it out. You need to be honest with yourself. Then, once you’ve cried and spluttered, write down a list of things that make everything okay. You must write it straight away – you’ll find that you remember those positive things more.
- Be honest with those around you
– Get your Toy Story fam around you. You need to tell your friends and family what’s going on. You’ll find that you will get texts, calls and post that will make your day just that little bit more great. God created a sense of ‘community’ for a reason – your team are there to help you.
- Direct your thoughts to a more positive view
- Do things you love
- See the beauty in everything
- Need a video to further your positive mindset? Watch this Pep Talk by Kid President.
Remember, Buzz Lightyear had a meltdown. He thought he was Mrs Nesbitt for a bit. But he got out of his negative mindset. And became even more awesome. Everything will be okay. 🙂
Seek the joy.
“Just keep swimming.”
Situations in the past can’t be changed. What can be changed is how you behave in the future.
Rejoice at the beauty.
To quote Kid President, “You can cry about it, or dance about it.”